Let me first start off by saying, my intentions are never to offend anyone even though I realize what I’m about to share may indirectly strike a nerve with some of you, because I’m calling it as I see it. Try not to get defensive, I’m simply expressing my opinion (which I’m entitled too) and I will not apologize for it. Hopefully, you will take what I share, and reevaluate your online network marketing strategy…quickly!
The reason I can be this blunt is because I know what I’m talking about. I have been a network marketer for nearly 10 years and in the first 2-3 of those years, my online network marketing SUCKED! YES, I can admit it…because since then, I have learned a lot and my success has turned around completely.
You may be someone who recognizes your doing something wrong because the lack of leads generated or the fact you’re not making any sales. Or perhaps you are getting leads and making sales but there is no growth within your organization or many repeat sales.
It’s really not your fault that your online marketing strategy sucks, like most of us, your only doing what your company trained you to do – if you even got training at all. The problem with many of these companies is that they are teaching traditional marketing techniques that rarely fair well in today’s online market.
When we bring our business online, we often make the mistake of trying to promote it in a traditional sense because our companies tell us, “everyone can benefit from our product or service”. Naturally, our mind begins to conceive the idea that the internet will produce for us an endless stream of cash in hand, pool of customers.
So if this holds true, why isn’t it working for you? What are you doing that is causing your online marketing to suck?
Here are the 5 top reasons why your network marketing business is not growing online.
- You are ruining your credibility – You regularly post your sales, company promotions and discounts across all your social network platforms. Of course you are excited about your products however, operating your business this way devalues what you offer and lacks professionalism. There is nothing wrong with discretion, share this information with only those who are interested in the first place.
- You are attempting to market to everyone – Again, you know your products and services are great, but no matter what your company tells you…I’m sorry, everyone DOES NOT want it! Stop offering to everyone whether it is through status updates, email or inbox messages, you must be selective. Learning to target your specific market will yield much better results and prevent you from missing the opportunity to establish solid business partnerships.
- You are promoting a company replicated website – Having a company website is a great tool to share with prospective customers or business partners you are following up with but using this as your main website does not allow you to stand out from other reps within your company or give prospects a reason to want to do business with you. Instead, send people to your own branded website or blog where you display your area of knowledge and expertise while encouraging a personal connection with you instead of using a generic approach.
- You are promoting your company instead of branding you – The harsh reality of this is nobody cares about your company’s accolades, facts or what makes them so great. People do business with people –people they like. You need to make yourself stand out amongst the sea of other independent reps in your company. Give people a reason to want to shop with you are partner with you.
- You are looking for customers and not business partners – The biggest reason why most network marketers are not growing in their business is because they are online looking for customers. Network marketing is a people business, as stated above, people are far more likely to do business with people they know, like and trust. With the millions of individuals already selling “something” online, mix that with the number of reps in your company selling the same thing as you, it is highly unlikely you will earn a consistent amount of income online that will sustain you. Sell your products offline and focus on building your business team/organization online. Statistics show individuals online seeking a business opportunity far out way those looking to buy products.
These are just a few of the reasons why your network marketing business may not be growing online. I suggest taking some time to discover what you may be doing wrong and correct it to start getting the results you deserve.
When you learn how to effectively use the internet to build a successful network marketing business online, you will discover a truly lucrative way to earn a generous income from home.