Are you setting all of your Tweets on Autopilot?? If so, you MUST pay close attention to the following.
People are social beings. They like to share and connect with people. Most of all, they like to be HEARD. So, if you all you are doing is tweeting inspirational quotes and auto tweets about your business, then you are missing out on the most important aspect of Social Media.
Social Media is not just an option anymore for your business, it is a very critical part of branding and gaining a presence. (Will touch on this in later posts) One thing that you MUST know is that conventional advertising is going to become obsolete and the key is ……. ENGAGEMENT and Word of Mouth!!
Twitter is a fast and effective way to get your message out and get people to connect with you!
Here are 5 Tips For Twitter Engagement:
1. Spend at least 30 minutes each morning and evening Tweeting to others LIVE.
2. Respond individually to people that reach out to you. LISTEN to what they are saying to you and respond!! Show that you hear THEM.
3. Look for people that you have not chatted with recently and reach out to a few new ones that interest you or are tweeting something that you would like to mention. Expand your circle of engagement!
4. Do not make a habit of just sending out group tweets with no message. I see this all the time and have a few followers that line up my “mention” area with a succession of names and no content. You must also add tweets that are valuable to your followers!! Socializing is a great part of it but also give them information that is worthy of mentioning!
5. Tweet with Enthusiasm and Passion- The tone and content of your tweets is what draws people to respond as well as retweet you!
Hope this helps and look forward to your Tweets! You can tweet me at @Dede_Watson .